- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mariah Carey is getting hitched.
The pop superstar’s is marrying her boyfriend, billionaire Australian casino owner James Packer, Billboard can confirm. “The happy couple got engaged this evening in New York,” a reps tells Billboard.
According to TMZ, Packer proposed after secretly gathering some of Carey’s close friends for a private dinner at Eleven Madison Park. The gossip title claims Packer followed protocol … he got down on one knee and proposed.
The 6’6” Packer is part of a legendary Australian media dynasty and is recognized as one of the country’s richest men. His grandfather, Sir Kerry, the patriarch of the Packer family, controlled Australian Consolidated Press and the free-to-air Nine Network. His father, Kerry, carried on the family business and is remembered for starting a revolution in global cricket with his World Series venture in the 1970s.
There’s no word on a wedding date for Carey and Packer, who have been dating since June 2015.
For Carey, it will be her third marriage after saying vows with Nick Cannon and music mogul Tommy Mottola. Packer has three children from his previous two marriages.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day