- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There was no question that Mariah Carey’s performance of “Infinity” at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday was one of the evening’s highlights. And although she was debuting a new song, she looked classic Mariah, in a figure-hugging sparkling silver gown.
“We decided to stick with a classic diva look,” says her makeup artist Kristofer Buckle, “with a sexy smoky eye and a nude lip.” For her eyes, he used products in his Kristofer Buckle Always Flawless Day to Night Palette ($48), which included the gunmetal Rumor shadow and taupe-plum Jet Set blended together.
The beauty guru — who also works with Jessica Chastain and Christina Aguilera — used the matte black shadow shade Scandal to line her eyes, and applied the pearlescent beige Premiere just under her brow bone to create shimmer and depth. Camera Ready volumizing mascara was the final touch on her eyes.
For her lips, Buckle used Nude Mood from his Absolute Nude lip crayon collection ($42). “These crayons are ultra moisturizing and were created to enhance the natural lip tone so everyone can achieve that perfect nude ip.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day