- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
If the first look at Mariah Carey’s new MAC Collection campaign — which shows the singer relaxing in a jewel-encrusted leotard on top of pointy faux diamonds — appears a bit, um, uncomfortable, you should keep in mind that photoshoot was probably just another casual day for the singer. As the trailer for her new docuseries, Mariah’s World, confirmed, Mimi actually prefers to lounge around in a bedazzled bodysuit and fishnet stockings. (“Is this a normal outfit for people to wear?” she asks. “I don’t know, but I’m at home and this is what I wear.”)
As the scattered diamonds in the image suggest, the diva’s second holiday collection with MAC is brimming with all the sparkle and shine that made the public fall in love with her to begin with. The 23-piece collection includes lip, eye and face products as well as brushes, each with quintessentially Mariah names like “Golden Petals Scattering” (a cool brown shimmery eye shadow), “Touch My Body” (a shimmery gold loose powder) and “Bit of Bubbly” (a pink-nude lipstick). All of which, we’re sure, have more than enough shine to make up for that 35-karat engagement ring she no longer wears.
The collection ($18-$70) launches online Dec. 8 and in stores Dec. 15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day