- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Celebrity chef Mario Batali has issued an apology to his newsletter subscribers for his sexual misconduct against women, but he confounded some by ending his message with a recipe for a “holiday-inspired breakfast.”
Batali was immediately blasted on social media for including a recipe for “Pizza Dough Cinnamon Rolls” with his apology for making “many mistakes” in the Friday email.
Several women have made allegations that the chef-restaurateur touched them inappropriately. Batali admitted his behavior and first apologized in a statement Monday.
He has stepped down from his restaurant empire and was kicked off the ABC cooking show The Chew. The Food Network also scrapped plans to air new episodes of his hit ‘90s cooking show, Molto Mario.
An email sent to Batali’s media team Saturday seeking comment was not immediately returned.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day