- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Paramount Pictures, New Regency and Plan B Entertainment title is an adaptation of Michael Lewis’ best-seller The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine. Pitt and his Plan B shingle are producing The Big Short, which counts among its supporting cast Tracy Letts, Hamish Linklater, John Magaro, Byron Mann, Rafe Spall, Jeremy Strong and Finn Wittrock.
Previously announced roles will see Carell play Steve Eisman, a money manager who shorted subprime mortgages for FrontPoint Partners. Gosling is to play Deutsche Bank trader Greg Lippmann, while Bale will portray Michael Burry, the founder of the Scion Capital and one of the first people to predict the coming crisis.
In a supporting role, Pitt will take on the part of Ben Hockett, a partner at Cornwall Capital.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live