- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Marissa Mayer has a new role: mom.
The newly named Yahoo CEO has welcomed a baby boy with husband Zachary Bogue, the couple announced on Twitter.
“Baby boy Bogue born last night,” wrote Bogue on Monday in a post that was retweeted by Mayer. “Mom (@marissamayer) and baby are doing great – we couldn’t be more excited!”
The new parents did not disclose the baby’s name or weight in their announcement. It is the first child for both Mayer and Bogue.
Mayer announced her pregnancy in July on the same day that she was named the new CEO of Yahoo. At the time, she said that she didn’t expect the birth to affect her new job.
“I like to stay in the rhythm of things,” she said. “My maternity leave will be a few weeks long, and I’ll work through it.”
Prior to giving birth, Mayer had been busy at Yahoo installing her own team. Last week, she announced that CFO Tim Morse would be replaced by Ken Goldman, the CFO of Fortinet.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day