- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jon Hamm and Tim Robbins are in a familial face-off in The Hollywood Reporter’s first look at Marjorie Prime.
The sci-fi dramedy introduces a service that provides holographic recreations of deceased loved ones and allows a man (Robbins) to come face-to-face with the younger version of his late father-in-law (Hamm).
Lois Smith and Geena Davis also star in the Michael Almereyda-directed film, which is based on Jordan Harrison’s 2014 Pulitzer Prize-nominated play (Smith starred in the original stage production).
Hamm’s character is the late husband of Smith’s character, who brings him back to life to spend more time with him.
Fortitude International is handling sales on Marjorie Prime and will be showing footage to buyers at the European Film Market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Woman King
Gina Prince-Bythewood to Be Honored at Black Business Association Salute to Black Women Event
Jeremy Renner Says Snowplow Involved in New Year’s Day Accident Is “Finally Making Her Way Back Home”
Andrew Lloyd Webber Says His Son Has Been Checked Into Hospice Care After His “Ghastly” Cancer Diagnosis