- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Additionally, The Bible is now the No. 1-selling TV on DVD in the last five years.
“We are humbled by the overwhelming response from audiences to The Bible miniseries,” said Downey and Burnett in a statement. “First, the show was No. 1 on History, now it is No. 1 on Blu-ray and DVD and has been No. 1 in every country in which it aired. We feel incredibly blessed that we were able to bring this amazing love story to life on the screen. It is our hope that folks everywhere will continue to be touched by the message of the Bible and cherish these stories at home with their families for years to come. This is just the beginning.”
The Bible hit a ratings high with its March 3 debut, raking in 13.1 million viewers on History. Its Easter two-hour finale pulled in 11.7 million viewers, while each additional installment of the 10-part series hovered above the 10 million mark.
“Mark and Roma have created a work of broad cultural significance that has resonated deeply with audiences, and The Bible has quickly become a must-own DVD that families can enjoy together at home time and time again,” said Mary Daily, president and chief marketing officer of worldwide marketing at Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day