- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Hamill is among those disturbed that apparently kids at the annual White House Halloween party were encouraged to play a game of “Build the Wall” with their own personalized paper bricks.
The party took place last week in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building. Large block letters spelled out “Build the Wall” among the children’s bricks.
Over the weekend, pictures of the game made their way to media outlets.
The Star Wars icon did not mince words when he saw the news.
“Children are born innocent. They can only be taught racism & hatred. What they learned at this #WH event is frightening beyond words. Remember when a #POTUS was a role-model for kids? We’re better than this. #HalloweenHorrorStory,” said Hamill via Twitter to his more than 3.3 million followers.
Singer-songwriter Richard Marx also shared his disgust.
“Teach…your children well…to be ignorant and racist as hell…” he said via Twitter.
The Executive Office of the President and Office of the Vice President of the United States are housed in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day