- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mark Salling has died by suicide, a Los Angeles County Coroner’s public information officer confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday. He was 35.
The cause of death was ruled asphyxia by hanging, the officer said. Salling’s body was discovered around 10:17 a.m. near a riverbed a mile east of Big Tujunga Canyon in Sunland. The autopsy is currently being completed, and will be available within a few days.
Salling reached a plea agreement with prosecutors in October after admitting he possessed images of prepubescent children. A search warrant found more than 50,000 images of child porn on his computer and a thumb drive.
Salling was facing between four to seven years in prison. He would also have been required to register as a sex offender.
The actor played bad boy Noah “Puck” Puckerman on all six seasons of Ryan Murphy’s musical dramedy, which aired on Fox from 2009 to 2015.
Feb. 1, 10:50 a.m. Updated with information about the investigation from the L.A. County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner.
Katie Kilkenny contributed to this report.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day