- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story comes from the New York Times best-selling Spenser book series (originally written by Parker and later by Ace Atkins) and follows a man fresh out of prison who is sucked back into Boston’s underbelly while he uncovers the truth about a sensational murder. Sean O’Keefe penned the screenplay.
Neal H. Moritz will produce via his Original Film banner, alongside Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson and Berg under his Film 44 shingle. Toby Ascher is executive producing alongside Film 44’s John Logan Pierson.
Wonderland will be the fifth feature for Wahlberg and Berg, whose joint credits include Lone Survivor, Deepwater Horizon and Patriots Day. The duo’s latest team-up, STXfilms’ Mile 22, is set to hit theaters in August.
Wonderland is the latest splashy title for Netflix, which has steadily been attracting more blockbuster talent since debuting its first tentpole title with the Will Smith-starrer Bright. Michael Bay will direct Ryan Reynolds in the action feature Six Underground for the streamer and Skydance Media.
Berg is repped by WME and Hirsch Wallerstein. Wahlberg is with WME, Leverage Management and Sloane Offer. O’Keefe is repped by ICM, Brian Lutz Management and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade