- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Good news for H&M and Marni’s Consuelo Castiglione — and bad news for Marni lovers everywhere: H&M reports to Fash Track exclusively that almost the entire womens’ collection of Marni for H&M is already gone. There are, however, some mens’ pieces remaining, and the odd piece here or there that might be returned.
Ebay is already littered with the looks in a variety of sizes with a fair amount of markups — mostly by about 30y to 40 percent off reasonable prices. So if you can’t live without your Marni H&M fix of print dresses, plastic jewelry and colorful sweaters, try eBay, but be prepared to spend a little bit more money.
H&M’s West Coast representative tells Fash Track that lines formed around some New York, San Francisco and L.A. stores as early as 7 or 8 p.m. on Wednesday. The first shoppers were allowed in at 8 a.m. on Thursday and were given color-coded bracelets so that they stuck to their 15-minute shopping allottment. The first items to go were the jewelry and the shoes — and by 9:30 a.m. most of the womens’ collection was gone, baby, gone.
Those who were lucky enough to snag items are part of an elite group who fought the fashion’s war.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day