- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Forget ghosts and goblins — get ready to show off your best over-the-top costumes to Martha Stewart this Halloween. The lifestyle guru has teamed up with AOL to launch an online reality competition called Shriek or Chic: Martha’s Haute Halloween Challenge, where three emerging designers from New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology will compete to make Stewart’s costume this year.
In addition to getting Stewart’s guidance, the competitors also will receive advice from fashion designers Ralph Rucci and Erin Fetherston; Kevin Sharkey, executive editorial director of decorating at Martha Stewart Living; and Kate Berry, creative director of Martha Stewart Living. Given that Stewart’s past costumes have included a black cat, pirate, Greek monster Medusa and “Glampire,” and Halloween is her favorite holiday, we have a feeling she’ll be up for anything these designers whip up.
Catch the first episode of Shriek or Chic on Oct. 7, when it airs on AOL, and watch the trailer below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day