- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
You talkin’ to Siri?
The iPhone 4S’s “intelligent personal assistant” is showcased in a new commercial starring Martin Scorsese. The directing great is just the latest celebrity to appear in one of the Apple ads, in a campaign that has shown Zooey Deschanel, Samuel L. Jackson and John Malkovich cozying up — sometimes uncomfortably so — to the electronic concierge.
In the new spot, the director of Hugo, Goodfellas and, appropriately enough, Taxi Driver sits in a New York City cab, ordering Siri to rearrange meetings, locate a friend named Rick, and call up real-time traffic reports — the last feature being a rumored upgrade to the phone’s upcoming iOS 6 operating system.
“I like you, Suri,” Scorsese says. “You’re going places.”
This wouldn’t be the first time the director has starred in a major TV campaign: He famously micromanaged the staff of a One Hour Photo in a spot for American Express.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day