- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It’s Ryan Reynolds vs. Channing Tatum — or, at least, their comic book counterparts. At comic retailer conference ComicsPro Friday, Marvel Entertainment announced a Deadpool vs. Gambit comic book miniseries to launch this summer.
According to ComicBook.com, the series, written by Thrilling Adventure Hour creators Ben Acker and Ben Blacker with art by Danilo Beyruth, will reveal the previously unknown pre-X-Men relationship of the two characters, which apparently centers around the two working together as conmen who repeatedly double-cross each other.
It’s unlikely to be coincidence that the series showcases the stars of Fox’s current X-Men-related hit movie and the currently in-development superhero movie featuring Tatum as the fan-favorite X-Men comic book castmember. This summer will also see Marvel launch a branding titled “Apocalypse Wars” to run across its three core X-Men series coinciding with the release in theaters of Fox’s X-Men: Apocalypse.
The five-issue Deadpool vs. Gambit series will debut in stores and digitally in June.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day