- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tony Shalhoub and Rachel Brosnahan — who also took home best actor SAG Awards for their roles on the Amazon show — were among those who took the stage to accept the honor. “You cannot imagine the incredibly wonderful feeling it is to work alongside these people,” Shalhoub said. “This is a lovefest.”
Backstage, the actor explained that while he’s generally optimistic about the projects he chooses, he was particularly confident about The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel becoming a success. “You never know when you get into something. I’ve given up trying to predict when something will work or not work,” said Shalhoub. “This time, I wasn’t wrong. I had a really good feeling about it because of the high level of writing and amazing cast. I get to say that once in all of those years that I was right.”
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel cast beat out Atlanta, Barry, GLOW and The Kominsky Method for best ensemble. The show also recently won three Critics’ Choice Awards.
The 2019 SAG Awards were simulcast live on TNT and TBS from the Shrine Exposition Center in Los Angeles, with Megan Mullally serving as the show’s second-ever host.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day