- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Even though the second Guardians of the Galaxy movie isn’t due in theaters until 2017, fans of Marvel’s space superheroes will have plenty to keep themselves occupied in the meantime: in addition to the upcoming animated series on Disney XD and the already announced Guardians of the Galaxy, Star-Lord and Drax comic books, Marvel has announced a third comic book series based around the concept: Guardians of Infinity.
Written by Guardians 3000 writer Dan Abnett (with art by Carlo Barberi), Guardians of Infinity will see characters from the 3000 series team with characters from the Guardians of the Galaxy series and all-new creations in a time-traveling adventure that offers, as Marvel’s official PR puts it, “more trouble than they can handle.”
In addition to the main storyline, each issue of Guardians of Infinity will feature a second story by guest writers and artists spotlighting members of extended Guardians family; the first issue’s story, by Jason Latour and Jim Cheung, will center around Rocket Racoon and new comic book Guardian the Thing, formerly of the Fantastic Four.
Guardians of Infinity launches in comic book stores and digitally this December.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day