- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
And Tony makes three.
Following news of makeovers for both Thor and Captain America that see new characters assume the costumed identities this fall, Marvel Entertainment has announced that Iron Man will be undergoing his own, slightly-less-dramatic reboot in November with the launch of a new series titled Superior Iron Man.
Written by Tom Taylor and drawn by Yildray Cinar, the series will see Tony Stark move to the San Francisco Bay Area to promote the launch of a new mobile app that tempts users with the possibility of physical perfection and, perhaps, immortality.
STORY Marvel Announces New Captain America on ‘The Colbert Report’ (Video)
“What you’re seeing in Superior Iron Man is a Tony Stark who’s seen both his worst and best impulses all let loose,” Marvel editor-in-chief Axel Alonso told Mashable. “He’s more ambitious, cunning, egotistical … all of those quantities are unharnessed. He has a vision for the world. I like to think his position is defensible — controversial, but defensible.”
Unlike the earlier Superior Spider-Man, Alonso says that this Stark will be the real thing, not a mind-controlled or alternate version of himself. The most recent run of the Iron Man series launched in November 2012 and ran until last month, leading into the current Original Sin: Iron Man vs. Hulk miniseries. Superior Iron Man launches in November.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day