- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The six-part show, Mary Berry’s Secrets From Britain’s Great Houses, will see her sample “the culinary histories of stately homes and create new recipes inspired by her visits.” In the 30-minute series produced by Shine, Berry, 81, will reveal the workings of the houses, visit the kitchens, gardens and private rooms and meet the custodians.
Berry said she was “so excited” about the new show. “I have always had an inquiring mind, so I know I will be inspired by the great houses we visit.”
BBC director of content Charlotte Moore said: “This series will be a real treat for BBC One viewers to go behind the scenes with Mary Berry and explore Britain’s great houses through her love of cooking.”
Fellow Bake Off judge Paul Hollywood recently said he would stay with the show in a three-year deal with Channel 4.
Before the ratings juggernaut leaves the U.K. public broadcaster, Berry, Hollywood and hosts Sue Perkins and Mel Giedroyc will be seen in two Bake Off holidays on the BBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day