- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The time is nigh: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen are opening The Row’s first flagship store in L.A. on Tuesday.
The address, 8440 Melrose Place, will be home to the designers’ high-end luxury label, which they co-founded in 2006. Though the duo contemplated whether to open in L.A. or New York, the hidden location — reflecting the brand’s carefully crafted, minimal aesthetic — was ultimately chosen as the brand’s flagship, as it was the hair salon that the twins frequented as kids.
“We had been coming here since we were, like, 10 years old,” Ashley told WWD of the former Sally Hershberger and John Frieda space. “We are from here and The Row started here, so it was all very appropriate.”
We’ll be sure to stop by the store — with its courtyard swimming pool and a front referred to as the “library” (think black leather love seat and armchairs) — to give you a full report on where to do some damage on your AmEx card.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day