- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The local version of the format from Elisabeth Murdoch‘s Shine, which is part of 21st Century Fox, will debut on Jan. 20. The third-week episode will follow the Canadian telecast of the Super Bowl, which each year pulls in one of the country’s biggest primetime audiences.
Masterchef Canada will feature Michael Bonacini, Alvin Leung, and Claudio Aprile as judges of the culinary elimination series.
CTV in recent years gave The Voice, the rookie season debut of homegrown cop drama Motive, which also airs on ABC, and a midseason finale of Flashpoint the prized post-Super Bowl slot.
The simulcast debut of The Voice in 2012 delivered 2.4 million viewers, according to data from BBM Canada.
Masterchef Canada is produced for CTV by Proper Television, with Guy O’Sullivan and Cathie James executive producing and Shine America’s Paul Franklin and Judy Smart serving as creative consultants.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day