- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actors Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and The Office’s John Krasinski are set to co-host a Santa Monica fundraiser for Harvard law professor and consumer advocate Elizabeth Warren, who is locked in a see-saw battle to retake Ted Kennedy’s old Massachusetts senate seat from Republican incumbent Scott Brown.
The May 21 event, which will be held at JJ Abrams’ Bad Robot production studio, is Warren’s third fundraiser in the entertainment industry since she declared her candidacy against Brown in September.
Donations to attend the fundraiser range from $1,000 to $5,000. The gathering is being billed as “A Massachusetts Evening,” in reference to the fact that Affleck, Damon and Krasinski are also from the state.
Those who have already given to Warren include Barbra Streisand, Steve Bing, and Lorraine and Sid Sheinberg, musician Herb Alpert, television writer Victor Fresco, producer Jim Michaels, actress Nancy Stephens, television producer Marcia Carsey, actress Shira Piven, Hans Zimmer, Ron Howard and Will Ferrell.
Republicans, meanwhile, have sought to portray Warren as an “elitist” for mingling with the Hollywood crowd.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day