- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
No, this is not a drill. Matt Damon has unleashed on the world a thick, slightly wavy ponytail. Somehow the typically clean-cut actor managed to keep his grown-out hair under wraps until taking the stage at a Beijing press conference for The Great Wall on Thursday.
His makeover is so surprising because he’s literally one of the last male celebrities we’d expect to see with long hair. Maybe Jared Leto passed him the baton while he’s rocking short slime-green locks for Suicide Squad?
Read more Everything You Need to Know About Rihanna’s “Bitch Better Have My Money” Video Makeup
There’s no word yet whether this dramatic makeover is for a role — just a lot of shocked fans trying to process Damon’s new look. Considering he lives in a house with five females, Ben Affleck’s buddy should be getting some pretty good styling tips. So what kind of ‘do do you think Damon will try next? Half-up, half-down? Man bun? Man braid?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
iHeartRadio Music Awards: Taylor Swift Honored With Innovator Award, Harry Styles Among Top Winners
Jonathan Majors Arrested and Charged With Assault, Lawyer Says Actor Is “Completely Innocent”
Jeremy Renner Shares Video Walking on Anti-Gravity Treadmill After Snowplow Accident: “Time for My Body to Rest and Recover”