- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The two talk show stars filmed their scenes for Sharknado 2 Tuesday in NBC’s Studio 1A, and shared a sneak peek during Wednesday’s episode of Today (watch below).
In one sequence, Roker tells Lauer, “Think of it this way: It’s like a twister … with teeth.” The preview then cut to Lauer and Roker attempting to bludgeon an oblong green object on the Today newsdesk, as staffers flee from the room — presumably their quarry is a green screen shark to be digitally inserted later.
“That was the pivotal scene in the entire movie that we’ve just given away,” said Lauer after the clip finished.
The first Sharknado — about a freak hurricane that slams into Los Angeles, flooding the city with shark-infested seawater – became a runaway hit for Syfy last year, with Twitter playing a key role, as hundreds of thousands live-tweeted in delight while watching the risibly ridiculous movie.
Sharknado 2 will again star Ian Ziering and Tara Reid, with additional cameos from blogger Perez Hilton, Biz Markie, Kelly Oxford and Salt-N-Pepa’s Pepa (aka Sandra Denton). Robert Klein and professional wrestler/Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle are also on board for the TV movie, playing a former New York City mayor and the FDNY fire chief, respectively.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day