- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Cleveland’s Prosecutors Office has decided not to charge Matthew Fox with assault after an altercation with a female bus driver led to the actor’s arrest August 28.
After investigating party-bus driver Heather Bormann’s complaint, a rep for the city’s prosecutor’s office told TMZ, “There will be no charges brought. After a review of the facts [officials] came to the conclusion not to charge.”
This good news for the former LOST star comes after a media storm of coverage following his early-morning arrest Aug. 28 (he was later released and sent home in a taxi).
Bormann, a driver for charter bus company Ohio Connection accused Fox of physically accosting her after being denied entry to the vehicle she was driving, which had been rented out for a private party.
‘“He smelled like a liquor cabinet, like a bar,” Bormann told Cleveland.com of the actor, who was in town shooting I, Alex Cross. She claimed that after being told he could not board the bus, Fox began punching her.
As part of their review of the case, the prosecutor’s office took pictures of Bormann’s bruised legs and arms, which she claimed were the result of Fox’s attack.
Neither the actor nor representatives for I, Alex Cross have commented on the situation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day