- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matthew McConaughey is making it official with his girlfriend of five years, Camila Alves.
The 42-year-old actor posted the news to Twitter on Dec. 25, with a link to a photo of the couple kissing in front of a Christmas tree.
“Just asked Camila to marry me,” he wrote. “Merry Christmas.”
Alves, a Brazilian model, first started dating the Lincoln Lawyer star in 2006. They’ve since had two children together: Levi (3) and Vida (1).
Though McConaughey has always remained coy on the subject of marriage, he has maintained a commitment in staying the course with Alves.
“I always wanted to be a father,” he told People after the birth of son Levi. “It just took the right woman and the right time to make it happen.”
McConaughey will next appear in The Paperboy and Magic Mike — the latter of which finds him playing a semi-retired stripper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day