- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The film, which begins shooting this month in New York, is based on former broker Jordan Belfort‘s best-selling memoir. Red Granite is fully financing and producing the movie.
McConaughey will play Mark Hanna, the early boss and mentor of Belfort (DiCaprio).
Red Granite is financing and producing the drama, which also stars Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal, Cristin Milioti, P.J. Byrne and Ethan Suplee.
Terence Winter adapted the screenplay, which chronicles Belfort’s dramatic rise and fall on Wall Street and with his hard-partying lifestyle and tumultuous personal life, which included drug and alcohol addiction.
Red Granite’s Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland are producing with DiCaprio, Scorsese, Emma Koskoff and Alexandra Milchan.
McConaughey is currently in theaters with two films: Magic Mike and Killer Joe. Upcoming films include The Paperboy and Mud, both of which had their world premieres at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day