- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Matthias Schoenaerts and Jeremy Irons have signed on to join Jennifer Lawrence in the Red Sparrow.
The story, an adaptation of the Jason Matthews espionage novel, follows a Russian intelligence officer (Lawrence) who is ordered against her will to become a “Sparrow,” a trained seductress, and to operate against a young CIA agent who handles the agency’s most important Russian mole. Joel Edgerton also is attached to star.
The Hunger Games helmer Francis Lawrence is reuniting with Jennifer Lawrence for the Chernin Entertainment and Fox film. Justin Haythe wrote the script.
Schoenaerts’ recent films include Tom Hooper’s The Danish Girl and Luca Guadagnino’s A Bigger Splash, and he will soon star in Netflix’s Our Souls at Night with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda. He’s repped by CAA and UBBA in Paris.
Irons will soon be seen in video game adaptation Assassin’s Creed and Disney’s Their Finest. He also will reprise his role as Alfred in Warner Bros.’ Justice League. He’s repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day