- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
COLOGNE, Germany – Twentieth Century Fox in Germany has signed on to co-produce the new film from actor-turned-director Matthias Schweighofer, whose debut What A Man was a box office hit this year.
Fox International Productions and Schweighofer’s shingle Pantaleon Films will produce the rom-com the Schlussmacher (roughly, the breaker-uper) in which Schweighofer will direct and star. He plays Henri, a silver-tongued employee of a Berlin firm that offers break-up services for people wanting to dump their partners. On one fateful job, Henri is forced to travel across Germany with a particularly difficult case.
Schlussmacher will begin shooting next spring with backing from the German federal film board, HessenInvestFilm and the Berlin-Brandenburg Medienboard. Amalia Film will co-produce. Fox will bow the feature in Germany.
What A Man, which starred Schweighofer and Game of Thrones actress Sibel Kekilli, earned more than $16 million for Fox in Germany.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day