- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
FORT MYERS, Fla. — Country singer Mindy McCready has been charged with battery and resisting arrest in Florida, authorities said.
McCready, 31, was arrested early Saturday morning and charged with the two misdemeanors, according to booking information. On Sunday, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office declined to provide details of the incident that led to her arrest.
McCready was released on $1,000 bail Saturday and is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 14.
McCready, who had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with “Guys Do It All the Time,” has struggled in recent years, beginning with a 2004 conviction for fraudulently obtaining prescription painkillers. She was on probation for that offense when she was charged with driving under the influence in 2005.
She was found not guilty of the DUI charge, but guilty of driving on a suspended license.
McCready is a native of North Fort Myers, but her last known address was in Nashville, Tenn., according to police records.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day