- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The long-awaited musical rendition of Mean Girls released its first trailer on Monday. Here, Broadway fans get their first look at the cast taking on the legendary clique’s roles — and a bit of the signature Mean Girls humor we all know and love.
Regina George (Taylor Louderman) is backed up by her frenemies Gretchen Wieners (Ashley Park) and Karen Smith (Kate Rockwell) to dish vapid compliments and invite viewers to see the show. Karen attempts to explain musical theater to newcomers quickly, to which Regina quickly cuts in, “They know what a musical is, Karen. They’re not idiots.”
Much of the original core creative team geared up for the musical rendition, including a book by Tina Fey, as well as Lorne Michaels as producer. Broadway veteran Stuart Thompson will join Michaels in producing, and Fey’s husband Jeff Richmond will provide an original score.
Rounding out the crew are two Broadway pros, lyricist Nell Benjamin (Legally Blonde) and Tony-winning director/choreographer Casey Nicholaw (The Book of Mormon, Aladdin). This won’t be any regular old musical — it’ll be a Cool Musical.
Previews for Mean Girls begin on Mar. 12, 2018, at the August Wilson Theatre.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day