- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The character of Barb Holland from Netflix’s Stranger Things has garnered a lot of admiration since the show’s debut last year and the actress who portrays her, Shannon Purser, has also gained some recognition of her own.
Receiving her first Emmy nomination outstanding guest actress in a drama series for the role of Barb, Purser stopped by the offices of The Hollywood Reporter to talk about the acknowledgement from the Academy and what things have been like since her big break.
When Purser found out about the nomination, she was aboard a flight to Vancouver to shoot the second season of Riverdale and says her co-star and fellow nominee, David Harbour, has been the most encouraging. “He said some very kind things to me about it,” she says. “I’m also really glad he was nominated.”
Asked about how Barb has transcended just being a character on a show, Purser calls the experience “so weird.”
“I feel like it happened slowly, but also when I look back at it, it all really happened in a couple weeks,” the actress explains. “It is pretty wild to have been there for such a short amount of time and it have made the impact the character did.”
Watch the full interview in the video above.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Hollywood Reporter
saturday night live