- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brooks will voice the role of Vlad, the ancient, undead and grumpy father to the Adam Sandler-voiced Dracula.
The follow-up to the 2012 hit involves Vlad arriving at the hotel for an impromptu family get-together.
The Emmy-, Grammy-, Oscar- and Tony-winning Brooks takes on the role 40 years after helming Young Frankenstein, saying of his new role, “I’m having a wonderful time with the character Vlad. He’s been around for eons, and he’s a pretty crabby guy. Basically, he reminds me of me.”
Internationally, Sony will use regional stars to voice the non-English versions of the film.
Hotel Transylvania 2 is set to hit theaters on Sept. 25, 2015. Sandler is executive producing the Robert Smigel-written film alongside Allen Covert and Ben Waisbren. Genndy Tartakovsky is returning as director of the sequel and Michelle Murdocca is producing.
Hotel Transylvania grossed $358.4 million worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day