- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed reports that Mel Gibson will appear in a cameo as a tattoo artist in the “Hangover” sequel.
The “Edge of Darkness” actor will make the brief appearance in the Todd Phillips comedy “The Hangover 2.”
The New York Post reported today that GIbson’s cameo was “a done deal” and that filming was due to take place shortly on the Warner Bros. lot.
The sequel will feature the return of Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha who starred in the original as friends trying to piece together a rowdy Vegas bachelor party. This time the location for the partying mishap is set for Bangkok, Thailand.
A source familiar with the production told the Hollywood Reporter that the tattoo artist character is “pivotal” to the plot which features one of the characters going under the needle during a night of debauchery.
Gibson’s representative declined to comment.
Gibson’s next movie, the Jodie Foster-directed “Beaver,” has seen its release date postponed by Summit Entertainment in the wake of controversy concerning Gibson’s ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day