- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When in Paris, wear Dior.
That was the mentality of first lady Melania Trump as she disembarked Air Force One alongside the president wearing a bright red fitted skirt suit by the famed French fashion house and matching cherry pumps. Her stylist, French designer Herve Pierre, who designed her gown for the inaugural ball, tells WWD that the choice was an homage to Dior’s 70th anniversary and the “Christian Dior: Couturier du Reve” retrospective at Les Arts Decoratifs.
Standing next to Brigitte Macron, wife of French Prime Minister Emmanuel Macron, Trump and her French counterpart made for quite the powerful and patriotic photo opp. Macron’s Louis Vuitton little white dress and jacket ensemble, paired with blue suede pumps rounded out the red, white and blue color palette quite nicely.
Macron herself has become something of a fashion icon in her home country. Several Instagram accounts are dedicated to tracking the 65-year-old’s modern take on classic French style, which she embodied in her zip-front coat, which she threw over the LWD.
The French first lady’s pristine look was not unnoticed by the president. Upon meeting Brigitte, Donald told her, “You’re in such good shape,” before turning to Emmanuel to add, “She’s in such good physical shape.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day