- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Married in 1996, they have one daughter together, Stella, who will turn 18 in September.
“We have thoughtfully and consensually decided to finalize our almost 20 years of marriage in a loving and friendly manner, honoring and respecting each other, our family and friends and the beautiful time we have spent together,” explained Griffith and Banderas in a joint statement to THR via their representative.
Legal documents filed on behalf of Griffith by attorney Laura Wasser at the Los Angeles Superior Court cite “irreconcilable differences,” according to reports.
The couple own a number of properties in the U.S. and Spain, Banderas’ native country.
Griffiths, 56, was previously married to Miami Vice star Don Johnson — twice — and Steven Bauer and has other two children, Dakota Johnson and Alexander Bauer, from those relationships.
Banderas, 53, was married to Ana Leza from 1987 to 1996.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day