- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Mike & Molly network has bought an untitled half-hour comedy script from Larry Dorf (MadTV) and McCarthy’s husband and Bridesmaids co-star Ben Falcone.
The project, which hails from Warner Bros. Television, centers on the character of David Gell, who learns that there’s no place like home … unless home is your parents’ house and you’re 37 years old.
Falcone and Dorf, Groundlings alums who co-wrote the spec project, will have supervising producer and co-writer credits. McCarthy is taking a nonwriting co-executive producer credit.
The news comes some four months after Emmy winner McCarthy and Falcone sold a multicamera comedy about a woman in her mid-40s who has a midlife crisis to CBS. The pair is on board to co-write and co-executive produce.
McCarthy and Falcone are repped by CAA.
Additional reporting by Lesley Goldberg.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day