- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress explained that her friend and SNL writer Kent Sublette called to say he heard she was in New York. “Do you have any interest in coming in and doing Spicer for us?” he asked McCarthy.
McCarthy, who appeared on Friday’s The Ellen DeGeneres Show, said she responded with a shocked, “What?!,” asking how she was going to do that. She laughed at how people think they look exactly the same, adding that she thinks her impression of the White House spokesman looks like her father.
“I feel like my dad and Sean Spicer had a baby, and it’s me, which makes it even stranger,” she told DeGeneres. The prosthetic ears helped change her face shape. “Then, I got into it, ’cause I was like, ‘Can I have eye bags?’ And the answer was yes.”
DeGeneres asked McCarthy’s husband, Ben Falcone, who joined McCarthy on the talk show, if he was attracted to her while she did her Spicer impression.
“I guess I’m into Sean Spicer,” he joked, adding that “sexy” is not the term he would use to describe his wife as Trump’s press secretary.
The veteran NBC series returns for its final five episodes of the season April 8 with host Louis C.K. And starting on April 15, for the first time in the show’s history, SNL will air live across the country.
Watch McCarthy’s visit on Ellen here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day