- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The actress is in talks to star in Feig’s next film, the spy comedy Susan Cooper, The Hollywood Reporter confirms.
The 20th Century Fox project, which Feig also wrote, will follow a female James Bond-type character.
Feig also will produce through his Feigco Entertainment banner with Jessie Henderson.
McCarthy starred with Sandra Bullock in Feig’s summer female cop comedy, The Heat. The comedy had a strong opening weekend at the box office with a $40 million debut. It marked McCarthy’s best opening to date for a lead role — as well as the best opening ever for Bullock and Feig. The action comedy has earned $155.4 million worldwide to date.
Feig’s 2011 comedy Bridesmaids, starring McCarthy with Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph, grossed $26 million in its opening weekend and has earned $288.3 million worldwide to date.
McCarthy recently finished shooting Tammy, a comedy she also produced and co-wrote with her husband, Ben Falcone. She’s repped by CAA and The Schiff Company.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day