- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Taylor, riding high on the box office success and Oscar buzz for the female-driven drama, is negotiating to collaborate on McCarthy’s comedy project Tammy, which is set up at New Line.
McCarthy and Taylor, who know each other from their time in the comedy group The Groundlings, have been working together on the project for a few months. The comedienne and co-star of Bridesmaids and CBS’ Mike and Molly co-wrote the script with her husband Ben Falcone (he played the air marshal in Bridesmaids)
New Line confirms the project centers on an overweight woman who is laid off from her job at Hardee’s, discovers her husband is having an affair, and decides to go on a road trip with her alcoholic, foul-mouthed, diabetic grandmother.
Taylor became a hot helming commodity with The Help, the surprise hit ensemble period drama from DreamWorks that has made $167 million domestically. He is repped by WME.
McCarthy is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day