- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melissa McCarthy — actress, comedian and unapologetically enthusiastic Jon Stewart fan — appeared on The Daily Show Wednesday evening wearing a very special dress. The floor-length frock, which featured an empire waist and bell sleeves, had one unique element: It was completely covered with images of Stewart’s face.
“It’s my Jon Stewart dress,” said McCarthy as she stepped out to greet the host in her custom gown. After recovering from his initial shock at seeing his “unphotogenic” face up close and personal, Stewart replied: “You know, I’ve always wanted to say this to you: I am all over you like a cheap suit.”
The actress, who will debut her Seven7 clothing collection later this year, has yet to disclose whether the Stewart “kimono” will appear in the collection — but we’re holding out hope.
Between McCarthy’s Jon Stewart dress and Tina Fey‘s disrobing during an appearance on Late Show With David Letterman, there seems to be a new trend of paying homage to departing talk show hosts in rather, um, unconventional ways. But hey, we’re not complaining.
Watch the video below.
? That’s creepy, he’s like my brother! Am I gonna wear special underwear for James Corden? That’s not gonna happen.””]
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day