- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It creates a comedy showdown, since that’s the same date that Sex Tape, starring Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz, is set to debut.
From New Line and Warner Bros., Tammy also stars Kathy Bates, while Susan Sarandon is in final talks to board the cast.
McCarthy co-wrote the script with husband Ben Falcone, who is directing. Will Ferrell and Adam McKay are producing, along with McCarthy. Kevin Messick, Chris Henchy, Falcone and Rob Cowan are executive producing.
The story centers on a woman who is laid off from her job at a fast food restaurant, discovers her husband is having an affair and decides to go on a road trip with her foul-mouthed, alcoholic, diabetic grandmother.
Bates will play the grandmother’s lesbian friend who saves the duo from some bad spots.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Representation in Hollywood