- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Melissa Rivers has retained a prominent New York City personal injury and medical malpractice law firm to look into the death of her mother, Joan Rivers, who died Sept. 4 from complications during a medical procedure.
“In order to fully determine the facts and circumstances surrounding the death of Joan Rivers, we confirm that our firm has been engaged by Melissa Rivers and her family,” Ben Rubinowitz, a managing partner with Gair, Gair, Conason, Steigman, Mackauf, Bloom and Rubinowitz, said in a statement.
The New York City Medical Examiner determined earlier this month that the 81-year-old comedian had died from a lack of oxygen to her brain during a routine medical procedure at Yorkville Endoscopy, a private clinic in the Upper East Side.
10:39 a.m. Oct. 29: The spelling of Ben Rubinowitz’s name was fixed.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day