- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There’s no doubt that bright red was the most popular color of the evening at the “China: Through the Looking Glass”–themed Met Gala on Monday. It’s pretty obvious. But several top models and actresses opted for something a little different.
See more Met Gala 2015: Red Carpet Arrivals
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley was one of the first to walk the crimson carpet in a deep burgundy-hued lip, which jumped out against her golden blush gown. A few of her catwalk compatriots—Lily Aldridge, Karolina Kurkova and Adriana Lima—also tapped into their darker sides. On the latter, makeup artist Morgane Martini used Maybelline New York Creamy Mattes in Divine Wine ($7.50).
Claire Danes also broke out of her box and rocked a super sexy blackberry shade with her deep green gown. And Carey Mulligan’s swept back hair helped put the focus squarely on her pout, which makeup artist Georgie Eisdell painted with her “favorite lip color at the moment: Tom Ford’s Matte Lip in Velvet Cherry ($50).”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day