- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There were a few major hair themes on the red carpet at Monday’s Met Gala. Sleek center- and side-parts, for one, and buns, for another. The latter was done in a tasteful manner — i.e. no chopsticks holding them up!
Ashley Olsen went the most literal with the “China: Through the Looking Glass” theme, securing her mane into a samurai-esque half-up, half-down topknot. Everyone else — including Alicia Keys, Poppy Delevingne and Emily Ratajkowski — went a more traditional route.
See more Met Gala 2015: Red Carpet Arrivals
Emily Blunt’s hairstylist, Laini Reeves, said she went with a slicked-back, chic roll to keep the attention on the back of Blunt’s Prada cape. And, said the stylist, “it pushes the limits, as Anna [Wintour] wants, but in a way that is complimentary and modern, simple but striking.”
Amanda Seyfried and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley went sleek with their low buns, while Lizzy Caplan’s was smooth and up high on her head. Jennifer Lawrence’s topknot, which was paired with her Prada gown, was a looser, slightly messy version.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day