- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Nothing makes big fat fashion headlines like sexy shiny metallic gowns on red carpets. So it’s no surprise that Gwyneth Paltrow, Scarlett Johanssson and comeback queen Cameron Diaz were shining examples of style on the Met Gala’s red carpet this evening.
Diaz, 39, star of What To Expect When You’re Expecting, who has also been very busy at the recent Paris fashion shows, chose a snug, long-sleeved Stella McCartney golden gown with a coordinating gold metal clutch. And Avengers star Paltrow totally rocked a gleaming Prada silver halter neck mini-dress for New York’s annual style soiree.
Johansson, 27, who is currently playing Psycho star Janet Leigh in Hitchcock with Anthony Hopkins and Helen Mirren, was a veritable gold mine in a provocative off-the-shoulder Dolce & Gabbana gown with Christian Louboutin heels. We admit that the low-waisted Barbie-esque lace skirt kinda threw us.
But we leave it to you to decide which actress did the metal mode better.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day