- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The female-led film, which was released last June, follows eight thieves (Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson, Awkwafina and more) in a plot to steal the “Jeanne Toussaint” necklace at the Met Gala. Kaling’s character Amita replicates the necklace as part of the heist and attends the Met Gala in a gold sequined, caped gown — made by designer Naeem Khan.
On Monday, Kaling stepped out at the 2019 ball in a similar style: a gold sequined gown from Moschino featuring a bow shoulder. The bulky look was complete with chandelier earrings and a blonde hairdo to meet the “camp” theme.
“I like so many things, and it’s so eclectic,” Kaling previously told The Hollywood Reporter of her style. “I can just tell you what it’s not. It’s never demure. It’s not usually terribly lady-like. My style is just I love bright colors. I love trends and I’m just really open to fashion risks, because I think that the adjective ‘timeless’ is really overrated.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day