- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — Metallica is set to play two budget shows in London and Berlin to launch the album “Death Magnetic,” including the opening show at the new 17,000-capacity O2 World arena in Berlin. Tickets will go on sale to registered fans only for 10 pounds ($14).
The Berlin show is set for Sept. 12, the global release date for “Death Magnetic.” The album will be released on Warner Bros. Records in the U.S.
“We’re really excited that in Berlin this will be the very first event at the brand new arena,” the band writes in a posting at Metallica.com.
Metallica also will play London O2 arena on Sept. 15, and tickets are priced 5 pounds ($9). Proceeds from both shows go to local charities.
Ticket details will be confirmed later this week, though the sale will be open only to members of the fan club and Mission Metallica sites.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day