- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MGM has landed another star-studded package. The studio has picked up Cyrano, a musical adaption of Edmond Rostand’s 1897 verse drama Cyrano de Bergerac that will see Peter Dinklage reprise the role he played onstage in 2019.
Joe Wright is set to direct a cast that also includes Haley Bennett, Brian Tyree Henry and Ben Mendelsohn. Erica Schmidt wrote the screenplay. Music is by The National songwriter-musicians Aaron and Bryce Dessner, with lyrics by lead vocalist Matt Berninger and longtime collaborator Carin Besser.
Working Title’s Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner will produce along with Guy Heeley.
CAA Media Finance brokered the deal with MGM.
This is the latest splashy purchase for MGM, now under the new direction of Michael De Luca.
The studio recently picked up Ridley Scott’s Gucci — a true-crime drama about the murder of fashion trailblazer Maurizio Gucci that has Lady Gaga in talks to star — and an Andy Weir space drama with Ryan Gosling set to topline and Phil Lord and Chris Miller on board to direct. They also nabbed Paul Thomas Anderson’s next movie from Focus Features.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day