- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brian Edwards has been promoted at MGM.
The television executive, a longtime Mark Burnett collaborator, will fill the role of president of MGM TV operations now that Burnett has been upped to chairman of MGM’s Global Television Group. The new gig comes with a contact extension through mid-2022.
“Brian and I have worked alongside each other for many years,” said Burnett, who had quite an eventful Emmy weekend. “He is a talented executive who understands how this business works and is a leader who will keep us moving forward as we innovate and grow.”
Coming over to MGM as part of its acquisition of Burnett’s United Artist Media Group, Edwards most recently served as vp TV operations. His new job includes oversight of all business aspects of MGM’s TV and digital output. He also will join the corporate development team, reporting in that capacity to MGM COO Chris Brearton.
“I’m very grateful to continue the journey with Mark that we started on years ago,” said Edwards. “MGM Television has a terrific creative and business team, and I couldn’t ask for better people to work alongside.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day